Free weekly Booster Box - fruit, veg and basics delivered, put together by Gord, but order through Justine at email@example.com or call her on 01453 511964. If the phone is on answerphone, please leave a message.
Berkeley Town Council and Gordon from Greens the Grocer will be providing a weekly 'Booster Box' of vegetables and basics, delivered free to anyone who needs it throughout the Berkeley Vale area.
Worth £3 at budget prices, it will combine a changing range of every day essentials.
In these difficult times, all calls and emails will treated sensitively and confidentially. Nobody will be asked to give any details beyond their name and address so the 'Booster Box' can be delivered by our volunteers.
If you want a box but would prefer to pay you can make a donation, please discuss with Justine when you call.
Call by 11am to have your box delivered after 3pm on the same day.
Deliveries will be Tuesdays – Thursdays and will start again on Tuesday 14th April.
AGE UK Gloucestershire
During Covid19 AGE UK have adapted their support and they want to let local communities know that they are here to help. They have a variety of resources that they are keen to share with the communities.
- They have an information and advice line where anyone (older people and their families) with an issue can call and get free advice – 01452 422660
- They have set up a Freephone line if any older person is feeling lonely and wants a chat with one of our staff or volunteers – 0800 298 0579
- They are also running an online social group which older people can join, get and share info and ideas on staying occupied, there are quizzes and discussion groups. https://www.facebook.com/groups/gloucestershirespringboard
- They are promoting a campaign to Greet Your Street at 11am to get neighbours socializing on their doorsteps; we have posters that we can send out for households to show they are involved.
- There is also a lot of advice and information on our website: www.ageukgloucestershire.org.uk